Travel Channel International is a business TV station possessed by Discovery, Inc. what’s more, communicating travel-themed programs in the EMEA locales and Asia Pacific, spreading over 21 on-air dialects. The station was worked by Travel Channel International Limited (TCI) and regardless of the name, it had no connection with the American TV slot of a similar name, until TCI was procured by Scripps Networks Interactive in May 2012.
Travel Channel EMEA HD (United Kingdom)
In March 2018 Discovery, Inc. obtained Scripps Networks Interactive. With the American administration’s rebranding as a goal for paranormal and extraordinary programming in October 2018, the International administration currently again veers from the American system in its programming, this time under normal possession.
Travel Channel was propelled via Landmark Communications in Europe in February 1994. In 2004, it was sold to the station’s CEO Richard Wolfe and put under the wings of Travel Channel International Limited (TCI).
A second, sister channel, Travel Channel 2, propelled on Sky Digital in the UK and Ireland on 11 February 2008 yet shut on 2 March 2009 when the EPG space was sold to TCM UK. Travel Channel International started to offer their top notch channel, Travel Channel HD, all through Europe on 15 November 2010 and thusly Asia.
TCI was gained by Scripps Networks Interactive in May 2012. On 25 March 2013, Travel Channel got revived marking, with an update of its planning and programming.
On 2 April 2013, the station was propelled on Freesat, an allowed to-air satellite TV stage in the United Kingdom. Starting at 2017, the British adaptation does not convey a HD simulcast.
In March 2018, Discovery, Inc. gained Scripps Networks Interactive.
On 16 January 2019, Travel Channel was expelled from Freesat and Freeview for sister direct DMAX in the United Kingdom.
Travel Channel shut in the Netherlands and Flanders on 31 January 2019. Content from previous Scripps TV stations Travel Channel, Fine Living and Food Network has been incorporated into the programming of Discovery, TLC and Investigation Discovery in the Benelux.
- Travel Channel (UK, SD)
- Travel Channel (EMEA, SD/HD simulcast)
- Travel Channel (Poland, SD/HD simulcast)
- Travel Channel (Asia, SD/HD simulcast)
- Travel Channel (India, SD/HD simulcast)
- Travel Channel (New Zealand, SD)
- Astra 28.2°E (UK & Ireland): 12.382 H Travel Channel and Travel Channel +1, both FTA
- beIN Channels Network (Middle East & North Africa): Channel 356 (HD)
- CanalDigitaal (Netherlands): Channel 361 and 362 (Travel Channel and Travel Channel +1, both UK version)
- Cosmote TV (Greece): Channel 408 (HD)
- Cyfrowy Polsat (Poland): Channel 78 (HD)
- DigitAlb (Albania): Channel 76 (HD)
- Bulsatcom (Bulgaria): Channel 66
- DStv (South Africa): Channel 179
- MagtiSat (Georgia): Channel 417
- NC+ (Poland): Channel 86 (HD)
- NOVA Greece: Channel 405
- Orange Polska: Channel 468 (HD)
- Orange Romania: Channel 700 (HD)
- Polaris Media (Serbia): Channel 210
- Sky (UK & Ireland): Channel 198 and Channel 298 (Travel Channel +1)
- Telekom TV (Romania): Channel 372
- TotalTV (Balkans): Channel 315
- ZAP (sub-Saharan countries): Channel 127